Online Portfolio: http://www.AnthonyHoang.net
Phone: (408) 910-6652
To secure a web software development position that allows me to learn new technologies while utilizing my current skill set and my experience in developing web-based applications.
13 years of experience as a software development engineer designing, developing, maintaining web-based applications systems using object-oriented languages and scripting languages. I have the ability to handle all aspects of web application development – graphics design, programming, UI design, web navigation, mobile development, web server administration, database design and implementation. I have comprehensive knowledge and experience in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle.
Software: Adobe Photoshop, MS Visual Studio, Dreamweaver
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows XP, Android, iOS-mobile apps
Databases: MS Access, SQL Server
Senior Web Software Engineer
Thomson Reuters – Findlaw, Sunnyvale, CA
May 2013 – present
FindLaw is a business of Thomson Reuters that provides online legal information and online marketing services for law firms.
Apple, Cupertino, CA
March 2012 – April 2013
Apple Inc., designs and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and personal computers. The company’s best-known hardware products are the Macintosh line of computers, the iPod, the iPhone and the iPad.
- Conducted interviews of End Users to gather their requirements to design a new User Interface/Experience for a content management system.
- Converted wireframe mockups to working complex UI screens using the latest technologies such as CSS3 and jQuery.
- Created a web-based compare tool to visually display differences between two sets of data to allow the user the ability to copy one set of data to the other set using jQuery and JSON. Included drag-n-drop capabilities for reordering the data.
- Redesigned existing web applications to resemble more of an Apple software using CSS3 for animation effects.
- Developed a working UI prototype of multiple complex tree structures with dynamically loaded data using jQuery TreeTable plugin.
Senior Web Application Engineer
Realization Technologies, San Jose, CA
June 2001 – Feb 2012
Realization is the pioneer in Project Execution Management. Based on Critical Chain Project Management, Realization’s solutions helps companies complete projects on time and within budget. Realization offers clients their web-based enterprise application called, Concerto, to accomplish these goals. I am the lead front end developer for Concerto.
- Created the Concerto task list mobile webapp for the iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry smartphone users using the latest HTML5 Secha Touch framework.
- Obtained two patents related to UI design for project execution.
- The lead designer and sole developer of Realization’s Customer Support Portal – a membership-based website for clients to sign up for workshops and download essential software patches and upgrades. Created with ASP.Net and SQL Server. https://emi.realization.com
- Developed the ability to upload text and csv files into the web application and import the data into the database.
- Accomplished the task of creating a combination of a grid report and chart with the requirement to use only ASP/HTML due to US gov’t restrictions.
- Migrated Concerto’s ASP-based web application to the ASP.Net framework.
- Constructed graphical charts based on data analysis on both asp-based ChartFX and .Net based ChartFX.Net
- Implemented the capability to upload Microsoft project files to the online system.
- Redesigned the web application navigation system using CSS and DHTML for user ease of use and UI scalability.
- Maintained a JAVA-applet based display of project schedules in a Gantt chart.
- Enhanced online web reports with sortable columns, collapsible and expandable grid rows, paging, print preview templates, export to excel.
Abovelearning, San Jose, CA
April, 2000 – April, 2001
- Responsible for developing front-end online learning management system using ASP and Dreamweaver.
- Crafted XML interface to display enrollment in a variety of viewing formats.
- Collaborated with marketing department to establish the company’s corporate website.
Web Applications Developer
Keypoint Software San Jose, CA
September, 1999 – April, 2000
- Built invoice, client, and contract modules for Keypoint’s online project management software using ASP/SQL Server.
- Consulted and developed websites for various Bay Area companies.
UCI Combustion Laboratories Irvine, CA
July, 1998 – August, 1999
- Maintained several educational/research websites (UCICL, NFCRC, ILASS, PARCON, ICLASS2000).
- Upgraded and oversee web server.
- Developed and established Intranet site.
- Created graphics for use in websites.
Chief of Computer Operations and Webmaster
Synergy Commerce San Diego, CA
Part-Owner of Internet business; Launched July, 1999
- Developed and maintain company’s E-Commerce website and backend database programming.
- Administers internet systems, including webpages, e-mail accounts, ISP hosting and security.
- Responsible for tracking of website interactivity and utility by target users.
- Automated credit card transactions with internet merchant account.
Wavefunction, Inc. Irvine, CA
December, 1997 – July, 1998
- Implemented online tutorials and manuals of software applications.
- Produced layout, navigation, and interactivity of webpages.
- Worked closely with marketing department to create an appealing and useful website.
University of California, Irvine
June 1999 – B.S. in Computer Science
Available upon request.
Leave a Reply