Web developer with 10+ years of experience in creating and designing web-based user interfaces with the ability to do full-stack development. Created a website builder feature with drag-and-drop capabilities to reduce the average amount of time it takes a website author to build a site from 5 days to 2 days. Retained a client paying $150K/year by migrating the client’s html-based website with over 10K articles and 300 categories to a WordPress-based website. Developed online-based charts and reporting grids to help my company earn several patents. Seeking the opportunity to join an organization where I can utilize my skills and help my company and colleagues be successful.
Senior Web Software Engineer
Thomson Reuters – Findlaw, Sunnyvale, CA
May 2013 – present
FindLaw is a business of Thomson Reuters that provides online legal information and online marketing services for law firms. Findlaw uses the in-house Content Management System, FirmSite Publisher to build and maintain over 11K law firm websites.
- Redesigned Lawyers.Findlaw.com and PView.Findlaw.com and added a new search feature to help increase conversion rates by 20%
- Retained a client paying $150K/year by migrating DolanLawFirm.com from a FirmSite Publisher website with over 10K articles and 300 categories to a WordPress website using a custom built template and PHP-based plugins
- Created the drag-and-drop website builder feature in FirmSite Publisher to reduce the average amount of time it takes a website author to build a website from 5 days to 2 days
- Created the WordPress-based Findlaw.UK.co to replace the existing website and successfully maintained the number of views of 500K/month
Front End Web Developer
Apple, Cupertino, CA
March 2012 – April 2013
Apple Inc., designs and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and personal computers. The company’s best-known hardware products are the Macintosh line of computers, the iPod, the iPhone and the iPad.
- Created a responsive web-based dashboard to reduce the amount of time Apple employees spent to gather data to monitor servers and services throughout their systems
- Created a web-based compare tool to visually display differences between two sets of data to allow the user the ability to copy one set of data allowing Apple content authors to quickly produce webpages for different regions in the mobile version of Apple’s website
- Conducted interviews of End Users to gather their requirements to design a new User Interface/Experience for a content management system.
Senior Web Application Engineer
Realization Technologies, San Jose, CA
June 2001 – Feb 2012
Realization is the pioneer in Project Execution Management. Based on Critical Chain Project Management, Realization’s solutions helps companies complete projects on time and within budget. Realization offers clients their web-based enterprise application called, Concerto, to accomplish these goals. I was the lead Front End Developer for Concerto.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the web-based project management software, Concerto, to help the company secure multi-million dollar contracts with the US Government
- Obtained several patents for the company related to UI design for project execution by developing online-based charts and reporting tables (US7921405B2, US7774742B2, US20110106713A1)
- The lead designer and sole developer of Realization’s Customer Support Portal – a membership-based website for clients to sign up for workshops and download essential software patches and upgrades – reducing the workload for our support team
Frameworks: jQuery, Angular 2, Ajax
CMS: WordPress, Drupal
Graphics Software: Adobe Photoshop
Databases: MS Access, SQL Server
University of California, Irvine
June 1999 – B.S. in Computer Science
Available upon request