Seeking the opportunity to join an organization where I can utilize my skills in Web development and help my company and colleagues be successful.
Web developer with 10+ years of experience in creating and designing web-based user interfaces with the ability to do full-stack development. Created a website builder feature with drag-and-drop capabilities to reduce the average amount of time it takes a website author to build a site from 5 days to 2 days. Retained a client paying $150K/year by migrating the client’s html-based website with over 10K articles and 300 categories to a WordPress-based website. Developed online-based charts and reporting grids to help my company earn several patents. I have the ability to handle all aspects of web application development – graphics design, programming, UI design, web navigation, mobile development, web server administration, database design and implementation.
Frameworks: jQuery, Angular 2, Ajax
CMS: WordPress, Drupal
Graphics Software: Adobe Photoshop
Databases: MS Access, SQL Server
Senior Web Software Engineer
Thomson Reuters – Findlaw, Sunnyvale, CA
May 2013 – present
FindLaw is a business of Thomson Reuters that provides online legal information and online marketing services for law firms. Findlaw uses the in-house Content Management System, FirmSite Publisher to build and maintain over 11K law firm websites.
- Retained a client paying $150K/year by migrating DolanLawFirm.com from a FirmSite Publisher website with over 10K articles and 300 categories to a WordPress website using a custom built template and PHP-based plugins
- Created the drag-and-drop website builder feature in FirmSite Publisher to reduce the average amount of time it takes a website author to build a website from 5 days to 2 days — developed with the use of the jQueryUI framework
- Created the WordPress-based Findlaw.UK.co to replace the existing website and successfully maintained the number of views of 500K/month
Front End Web Developer
Apple, Cupertino, CA
March 2012 – April 2013
Apple Inc., designs and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and personal computers. The company’s best-known hardware products are the Macintosh line of computers, the iPod, the iPhone and the iPad.
- Created a web-based compare tool to visually display differences between two sets of data to allow the user the ability to copy one set of data to the other set using jQuery and JSON allowing Apple content authors to quickly produce webpages for different regions in the mobile version of Apple’s website
- Conducted interviews of End Users to gather their requirements to design a new User Interface/Experience for a content management system.
- Converted wireframe mockups to working complex UI screens using the latest technologies such as CSS3 and jQuery.
- Redesigned existing web applications to resemble more of an Apple software using CSS3 for animation effects.
- Developed a working UI prototype of multiple complex tree structures with dynamically loaded data using jQuery TreeTable plugin.
Senior Web Application Engineer
Realization Technologies, San Jose, CA
June 2001 – Feb 2012
Realization is the pioneer in Project Execution Management. Based on Critical Chain Project Management, Realization’s solutions helps companies complete projects on time and within budget. Realization offers clients their web-based enterprise application called, Concerto, to accomplish these goals. I was the lead Front End Developer for Concerto.
- Obtained several patents for the company related to UI design for project execution by developing online-based charts and reporting tables (US7921405B2, US7774742B2, US20110106713A1)
- The lead designer and sole developer of Realization’s Customer Support Portal – a membership-based website for clients to sign up for workshops and download essential software patches and upgrades – reducing the workload for our support team. Created with ASP.Net and SQL Server
- Created the Concerto task list mobile webapp for the iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry smartphone users using the latest HTML5 Secha Touch framework.
- Developed the ability to upload text and csv files into the web application and import the data into the database.
- Accomplished the task of creating a combination of a grid report and chart with the requirement to use only ASP/HTML due to US gov’t restrictions.
- Migrated Concerto’s ASP-based web application to the ASP.Net framework.
- Constructed graphical charts based on data analysis on both asp-based ChartFX and .Net based ChartFX.Net
- Implemented the capability to upload Microsoft project files to the online system.
- Redesigned the web application navigation system using CSS and DHTML for user ease of use and UI scalability.
- Maintained a JAVA-applet based display of project schedules in a Gantt chart.
- Enhanced online web reports with sortable columns, collapsible and expandable grid rows, paging, print preview templates, export to excel.
Abovelearning, San Jose, CA
April, 2000 – April, 2001
- Responsible for developing front-end online learning management system using ASP and Dreamweaver.
- Crafted XML interface to display enrollment in a variety of viewing formats.
- Collaborated with marketing department to establish the company’s corporate website.
Web Applications Developer
Keypoint Software San Jose, CA
September, 1999 – April, 2000
- Built invoice, client, and contract modules for Keypoint’s online project management software using ASP/SQL Server.
- Consulted and developed websites for various Bay Area companies.
UCI Combustion Laboratories Irvine, CA
July, 1998 – August, 1999
- Maintained several educational/research websites (UCICL, NFCRC, ILASS, PARCON, ICLASS2000).
- Upgraded and oversee web server.
- Developed and established Intranet site.
- Created graphics for use in websites.
Chief of Computer Operations and Webmaster
Synergy Commerce San Diego, CA
Part-Owner of Internet business; Launched July, 1999
- Developed and maintain company’s E-Commerce website and backend database programming.
- Administers internet systems, including webpages, e-mail accounts, ISP hosting and security.
- Responsible for tracking of website interactivity and utility by target users.
- Automated credit card transactions with internet merchant account.
Wavefunction, Inc. Irvine, CA
December, 1997 – July, 1998
- Implemented online tutorials and manuals of software applications.
- Produced layout, navigation, and interactivity of webpages.
- Worked closely with marketing department to create an appealing and useful website.
University of California, Irvine
June 1999 – B.S. in Computer Science
Available upon request.